NEIL P. ROBERTSON – PARTNER
University of South Florida, B.A.
Duke University, J.D.
Bar Admissions: Florida
Neil P. Robertson was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and as a child moved to Florida with his family. Mr. Robertson graduated from the University of South Florida cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and then received his Juris Doctor from Duke University in 1979 moving to South Florida.
Mr. Robertson was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1979. He was admitted to the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida in 1980 and the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida in 1984.
While Mr. Robertson primarily represents design professionals, he also has an extensive background in personal injury defense litigation, products liability and premises liability.
Over his career, he has represented the State of Florida, the Miami Dade County School Board, the Palm Beach County School Board, Kmart, Winn Dixie, Home Depot and various other premises owners and homeowners
Mr. Robertson is a Certified Civil, County and Circuit Court Mediator. He is a member of the International Association of Insurance Defense Counsel and is peer reviewed “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Robertson is a member of the Dade County Bar Association, the Florida Bar and the American Bar Association. He has served as a Florida Bar Representative to the Statewide Judicial Nominating Commission for Judges of Workers Compensation Claims and as a Past-President of the Dade County Defense Bar. Mr. Robertson is an active member of Leadership Florida having served as Chair of The Leadership Florida Institute and he has also served as a Trustee of the Dade Heritage Trust.
- Automobile Liability
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Construction Litigation
Professional Licenses & Awards
- Peer Review Rated – AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
Publications / Speaking Appearances
- “Premises Liability for 3rd Party Assaults” at the 3rd Annual South Florida Safety & Security Conference
- LRP Publications “School Liability Issues and Prevention”
- Meeting of Mc Larens Toplis Adjusters in Chicago Illinois “Primer on Product Liability Claims”
- 1998 Florida PRIMA Annual Meeting “Florida’s Developing Law on Property Owners Liability for Third Party Assaults”
Reported Appellate Decisions
- Schaller v. Kmart Corp, 631 So. 2d 380, Fla. App. 3 Dist., 1994.
- The Florida Bar, 1979
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1980
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1984
- American Bar Association – member
- International Association of Defense Counsel – member
- Florida Bar Association – member
- Defense Research Institute – member
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association – member
- Dade County Bar Association – member
- Dade County Defense Bar Association – Past President
- Put Something Back
- Leadership Florida
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Dade Heritage Trust
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Allied Member of AIA Miami
- Council of Litigation Management