GREGORY J. KAHN – PARTNER
University of Maryland, B.S. 2007
University of Miami, J.D., Cum Laude 2011
Bar Admissions: Florida
Gregory J. Kahn was born and raised in Massachusetts. He graduated from University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government and Politics, and earned his Juris Doctor at the University of Miami, graduating Cum Laude.
Mr. Kahn has practiced construction and commercial law in Miami, Florida since 2011, representing designers, contractors, developers, insurers, individuals and businesses in matters including, but not limited to: design and construction defect litigation; insurance defense; liens; contract review, drafting and negotiation; pre-suit and preventative litigation consulting; collection and judgment enforcement; licensing and professional regulation of contractors and design professionals; construction lending; insurance coverage; and the bidding, award, and administration of private and public construction contracts.
In 2016, Florida Super Lawyers recognized Mr. Kahn’s achievements by designating him a “Rising Star” in the area Construction Litigation based on peer review in the industry.
- Construction litigation
- Commercial litigation
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Insurance defense
- Copyright and trademark
Professional Membership, Admissions, and Honors
- The Florida Bar – 2011
- American Bar Association – 2011
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida – 2012
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida – 2015
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers – 2016
- Represented international developer and CEO in prosecution of misrepresentation and construction defect claims related purchase of $7,500,000 luxury condominium penthouse.
- Represented well known architect in defense of alleged design and construction claims related to major renovation of luxury south beach home.
- Represented internationally recognized racecar driver in prosecution of unlicensed contracting and construction defect claims related to $2,500,000 renovation of luxury apartment.
- Represented well known developer in prosecution of fraud, and fraudulent lien claims against general contractor related to multi-million dollar renovation of luxury home.
- Consulted well known architect regarding contract administration, change orders, and anticipated delay claims.
- Consulted well known architect regarding licensing requirements and entity formation for design-build project.
- Defended well known architect regarding over $30,000,000 in alleged construction and design defect claims related to premier luxury condominium project.
- Defended internationally recognized engineer against condominium association regarding over $26,000,000 in alleged construction and design defect claims related to conversion of apartment project.
- Defended internationally recognized engineer regarding approximately $25,000,000 in alleged construction and design defect claims related explosion of fuel farm at Miami airport.
- Defended well known architect regarding multimillion dollar delay and acceleration claims related to construction of multi-tower luxury condominium project.